Monday, August 18, 2008

Girls trip to Vegas!

Last weekend I took a road trip with some of my friends to Las Vegas. Although it was hard for me to leave Matt, I had so much fun! It started on Thursday night. Me, Carrie, And Kristin drove to St. George to pick up my cousin Cassi. We didn't get there until late so we just stayed there that night and Cassi did our hair:) We did it at my friends Heather's house and it was so fun to see her and her cute little Abrie. She has always been a good friend and is so fun to be around!


Well we went to Vegas on Friday morning and spent most of the day shopping:) Then we went to see our hotel. We stayed at "The Hotel" at Mandalay Bay and it was so fun!
So after our full day of shopping we were all pretty worn out so we went and checked out the hotel and the pool and then went and got ready for dinner. Now as you can tell from the picture our getting ready for dinner was a little different than everyone else in Vegas! We all got dressed up in our PJ'S. So in our long shorts and t-shirts we kinda stood out:)

The next day we pretty much spent at the pool. Our hotel had a wave pool and a lazy river so it was nice. When we were not on our tubes floating around we were all laying out on our chairs reading our twilight books!
Saturday night was my favorite! We went and ate a PF Changs and then went and saw The Phantom of the Opera. I have been wanting to see it for years now and I was not disappointed. It was amazing! Then on Sunday we slept in and headed for home with a quick stop in St George to drop off Cassi!
It was sucha fun trip for me and I am so glad that I got to spend it with some of my BEST friends! Cassi is not only one of my best friends but my "best-identical-cousin-friend" No matter what I know that she is always there for me and I seriously have so much fun with her. I am so grateful to have a cousin and friend like her! Cassi I am so glad that you came I love you so much!
I don't even know what to say about Kristin (K-dog) We have been BFF for over 7 years now and we are still going strong. You might think that working with you friend and hanging out every chance you get and going on trips with them might be a little much, but I just nver seem to get sick of her. It is kinda scary how much alike we are. She has always been a great friend and I am glad that she helped me plan this trip!

Carrie and I have been friends for over 5 years now 4 of which we were roommates. I was so lucky that I found her! She is probably one of the only girls that I would have been able to live with for that long:) She has also been such a great friend and as cheesy as it may sound I really do hope that we will be friends forever! Well there is one more person that made this trip so much fun and that is Yanos. Although there are no pictures of Yanos she really did make the trip:) Yanos was a freind that we met in Vegas and we seemed to run into her everywhere. She was the photographer for most of our pictures and also saved us $20 by giving us her tube at the pool:) Well that was my trip to Vegas. Thanks girls for making it so much fun!

12 comments:

Amy and Kody said...

Fun!! Um how come I wasn't invited. Rude! Just kidding. Looks like tons of fun, girls trips are the best!!

Unknown said...

I wanna go on a girls weekend with you. Come here and visit we'll dump the boys and head to New York and play. We miss you guys. Abby and Gabby talk about the two of you all the time. I think that that Matt may have usurped Phil.

Ron Urton Family said...

Just want to comment that NCC anesthesia is Stephanie. I didn't realize I was signed in as Ron's work. Lova ya

Lacey said...

What a fun weekend! I miss being able to hang out with my Marti Jo.

Kara Klc said...

That looks like so much fun. I need to do something like that!

Stacy L said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacy L said...

Glad to see you girls had a nice trip. I am actually planning a girls trip to Vegas for my friends 23rd in a month. How did you find out where to stay and like all the hot spots. So far I have only come across one good video, its on AnswersTV.com, and decent deals on Hotwire, but i feel i can find better. Anyway glad you had a good time...take care!

Kristin and Bridger said...

It was so much fun!! Thanks for putting it together. We'll have to do it again soon! Cute new background!

Anonymous said...

Hey, glad you found me. you look so happy! I'm glad for you. Hope to hear from you soon.

Cassi and John said...

Let's go to vegas again right now! It seems like that was forever ago. Love you! Check out my new blog!

Heather Hansen said...

Hey Marti, its your long lost friend Heather!! I love your pictures from Vegas, it seems like you had a lot of fun and your friend Yanos sounds awesome, I wish I had a friend like that !!! Well it was good to see you for a minute anyways!!

Decker and Tara said...

Well I guess it is my turn to leave you a comment:) It sounded and looks like you guys had I great time in Vegas! Always nice to get away. I'll be keeping track of you! haha