Monday, March 10, 2008

Family Home Evening!


Well this week was our first family home evening with just the two of us. (last week we had it with the Taylors and had a lot of fun fonduing!) We have been wanting to start going on little hikes to get us ready for our trip to Canada this summer so we started tonight with Ensign Peak. We had fun together and also met a new friend that was here by himself visiting from Denver. He came to go skiing and wanted to see a good view of Salt Lake. We got to talk to him for awhile and he was just amazed at how beautiful Salt Lake is. He has been to every major city in the United States and Salt Lake was his last city. He told us that without a doubt Salt Lake was the most beautiful! It really made me appreciate what a wonderful place we live in! After our hike we went grocery shopping and came home and my wonderful husband made me dinner! It is so great to finally be married and spend so much time together without having to leave each other at the end of the night.

7 comments:

Kristin and Bridger said...

Fun!! I wish you would have invited us!! ;) I haven't been up there since high school too!!

andrea garber said...

I hope you don't mind that I found you through jill's blog. I swear no one tells me anything...I didn't know you got married. I am so happy for you. You were one hot mamma on your wedding day. You look beautiful! I miss you. We should get together for dinner soon. Where are you guys living???

Amy and Kody said...

You and matt are so cute. You looked gorgeous on your wedding day!!! It was fun covering for you. How is married life?

The Richards said...

Hey... did you get that link I sent you?

Kara Klc said...

Your honeymoon looks like so much fun! I want to go on another cruise. We should all go hiking some time. Andrew LOVES to hike. He misses the Austrian mountains!

Lacey said...

MARTI JO!!! I found your blog thru Jessi's. I totally miss you guys.

Congrats on the wedding. You were a beautiful bride! I just got married at the end of December.

Jessi said...

Yes, I have been a little busy! I am so happy for you! I don't have your email address so this is the only way to talk to you! Any plans to come down for a visit soon??????
Much love!